Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (12)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. So here's a thing I'm looking forward to: Steadfast, by Mercedes Lackey (coming from DAW Hardcover, June 4, 2013).





Fire takes flight when a magician's assistant meets a magician who uses real magic to control the air during his illusions. While Lionel Hawkins may be an Elemental Magician, his assistant, Katie Langford, is actually a still-growing Fire Magician. Katie must find a way to use her magic in time to stop the vicious husband who's looking to put her fire out for good. 

*****
I've been a fan of Mercedes Lackey since I stumbled across her first novel in a library book sale when I was in college, and no, I won't mention how long ago that was. I like this particular series a lot, especially when I can't immediately tell which traditional fairy tale she's riffing on, and even though the cover kind of gives this one away (and even though I was a little disappointed in the last installment) I'll still pick this one up quite soon after it comes out.

For a while there I thought I might have to publish this entry with no book description; all I could find at Amazon or Fantastic Fiction was "more information about this upcoming title coming soon from Penguin Books." I finally ran across a snippet in a library wholesaler's catalog; thanks, Brodart!

No comments:

Post a Comment